Dear Berlin-area Epidemiological Methods Enthusiasts,
You are invited to our next BEMC Talk on Wednesday, May 8th.
BEMC Talk: Wednesday, May 8th, 2019 @ 4pm
“Machine learning for population-based health studies” – Christoph Lippert, Potsdam
- Please register online: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe2EfMPM2lXX1etpLblhLzDcfM0In9wLoTc3wUSWHD3Q5iVGw/viewform?usp=sf_link
- If the registration link does not work for you please send us an email at bemcolloquium(at)charite.de with your full name and email address and short note that you’d like to be added to the registration list. Thanks!
- Description: “In my talk, I’ll introduce our research at the interface of machine learning and statistics towards new methods for large-scale epidemiologic studies. We are working on models and algorithms that allow us to analyze high-dimensional genotypes and phenotypes from imaging and sequencing at scale. I’ll be talking about our work on mixed models for confounder correction, quantitative phenotyping using deep learning, as well as our works on novel statistical tests on deep learning embeddings of images.”
- Location: Seminar room of the Neurology Clinic; Bonhoefferweg 3 entrance, 3rdfloor, Charité – Campus Mitte
Upcoming Berlin Epi Events:
- May 15th – BEMC JClub – Paper posted online
- June 5th – BEMC Talk – “Cool applications in R for epidemiologists” – Jochen Kruppa, Berlin
- June 19th – BEMC JClub – Paper will be posted online
- July 3rd – BEMC Talk – Suzanne Cannigieter, Leiden, Netherlands
- July 19th – BEMC JClub – Paper will be posted online in late May
- August 2019 – no BEMC Talk or JClub
- September 19th – BEMC JClub – Paper will be posted online in late July
- October 2nd – BEMC JClub – Paper will be posted online in late August
- Wednesday, October 23rd – IPH Lecture Partner event– John Gill from Vancouver
Interested in other Institute of Public Health events? Visit our calendar to check out upcoming conferences & short courses!
Follow BEMC on Twitter and leave questions for our speakers: @BEMColloquium