Dear Berlin-area Epidemiological Methods Enthusiasts,
You are invited to our next BEMC Talk on Wednesday, July 4th.
BEMC Talk: Wednesday, July 4th, 2018 @ 4pm
“Applications of computer adaptive testing and item response theory in health outcomes assessment” – Professor Matthias Rose (Berlin)
- If you haven’t already done so, please register in advance: https://goo.gl/forms/uPEdQQlPePd9vffo2
- Description: “With an increased life-expectancy, the challenges for modern medicine have changed significantly over the last decades. Acute diseases are declining in western societies whereas the number of patients with chronic diseases increases and more patients are suffering from multimorbid conditions. Thus, the need to reconsider the measurement of treatment success has emerged, and in particular how to include the patients’ perspective into routine health outcome assessments. The talk will present new psychometric methods for the measurement of Patient-Reported Outcomes (PRO) promising to provide more comparable, more precise and less burdensome assessment tools.”
- Location: Seminar room of the Neurology Clinic; Bonhoefferweg 3 entrance, 3rd floor, Charité – Campus Mitte
Upcoming Berlin Epi Events:
- August – no BEMC Talk or JClub – Enjoy your summer break!
- August 20-24th – IPH Intensive Short Course – “Advanced Epidemiologic Methods – causal research and prediction modeling” (Instructors: Rolf Groenwold/Maarten van Smeden)
- September 5th – BEMC Talk – Prof Dr. Sebastian Baumeister, Regensburg
Interested in other Institute of Public Health events? Visit our calendar to check out upcoming conferences & short courses!
Follow BEMC on Twitter and leave questions for our speakers: @BEMColloquium